This recipe is a great choice for your little one’s meals. Not only is it super tasty, but it is also packed with all kinds of good stuff for their growing bodies. Spinach is full of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, vitamin K, and iron. Avocado is another ingredient that is loaded with healthy fats, fiber, and a variety of vitamins, and bananas are a sweet and delicious fruit that are high in potassium and other important nutrients. To top it all off, oatmeal is high in fiber and has a mild flavor that babies love. When combined, these ingredients make for a healthy and nutritious meal that is easy for babies to digest and enjoy.
Spinach, avocado and banana oatmeal cerealDifficulty: Easy
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup spinach roughly chopped
1/4 cup mashed avocado
1/2 of a banana
- Combine the oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3-5 minutes, or until the oats are tender.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and cook for an additional minute, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mashed avocado and banana.
- Transfer the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.