This eggplant, tomato and mozzarella puree is a tasty and nutritious option for babies to try. Eggplant which is rich in fibers, antioxidants and vitamins has a creamy texture and a subtle, slightly sweet and bitter flavor, while tomatoes are juicy and slightly acidic and are rich in vitamin C and potassium. The mozzarella cheese adds a creamy, savory note to the puree. Together, these ingredients create a flavorful and satisfying puree that’s perfect for little ones to enjoy.
Eggplant, Tomato and Mozzarella PureeDifficulty: Medium
1 eggplant deseeded and peeled
1 small potato
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- Wash the eggplant, tomatoes and cut them into small pieces along with the potatoes.
- Place the eggplant, tomatoes and potato in a steamer basket and cook the vegetables until they are tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and transfer them along with the mozzarella to a blender or food processor.
- Blend the mixture, adding water from the steamer as needed, until it is smooth in particular the mozzarella, and has reached the desired consistency for your baby.
- Serve the puree immediately, or transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.